Terms of Bookings
1. We ask for a non-refundable deposit of £100 at the time of booking which will confirm your reservation of Gems, Livi or Connor. Short notice bookings (within 4 weeks of your event) must be paid in full at the time of booking and are non-refundable.
2. It is your responsibility to ensure the Booking Form details are fully completed & accurate – Vintage Wishes will not be held responsible for late or missed collections owing to inaccurate information. The Booking Form must be approved at least 3 weeks prior to the booked date – changes within 3 weeks of the booked date may not be possible, if acceptable, the changes may incur an additional admin charge.
3. Full payment must be made 4 weeks before the booked date. Failure to do so may result in our cancellation of the booking. Our friendly team will contact you a few days before to remind you that final payment is due.
4. The quotes we send you are valid for 5 working days. Any additional changes to your requirements such as an additional journey or additional mileage may incur further charges.
5. Although we have a non-refundable deposit policy, Vintage Wishes will refund the remainder of your booking fee (If paid in full) if notified of your booking cancellation more than 21 days before the booked date. Please allow 21 days to receive the refund
6. Any damage caused to any of our vehicles due to the fault of the hirer will be charged to the hirer.
7. Our Split screen campers have undergone a complete nut and bolt restoration and both Gems & Livi engines have been completely rebuilt, however both vehicles are nearly 50 years old and breakdowns could occur. In this unlikely event, Vintage Wishes will make every effort to either have the vehicle fixed immediately, transfer you to another of our vehicles or an alternative form of transport that may not be a classic VW. Vintage wishes will cover additional transport costs in this unlikely event.
8. Vintage Wishes will not be held responsible for any delays or cancellation or change of vehicle (Gems & Livi are identical) caused by weather conditions, traffic congestion, road conditions or access difficulties.
9. There is a strict no smoking policy in any of the vehicles.
10. Both Gems & Livi can take 5 passengers in the rear and 1 in the front. These numbers are obviously dependant on passenger sizes and attire. Connor the Beetle is only suitable for 2 passengers.
11. Vintage Wishes accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to personal property during the period of hire of our vehicles.
12. As our vehicles are not fitted with rear seat belts or lap belts, no child under the age of 3 is allowed to travel in any of our vehicles unless accompanied by a parent or guardian and a travel consent form has been signed. Access will be allowed whilst the vehicles are stationary for the purpose of photos as long as accompanied by a responsible adult.
13. Vintage Wishes will not be held liable for any injuries caused through any accidents caused by a third party. Vintage Wishes has full wedding liability and vehicle insurance.
14. If you would prefer that photos of your special day/event are not used on our web site, please advise us at the time of your booking.
15. Vintage Wishes will inform you of any alterations made to their vehicles as a result of repair/refurbishment before your special event. In the unlikely event that these alterations are not to your liking, a full refund will be given.
16. Although every effort will be made to ensure our vehicles look their amazing best for your event, and a cleaning pack is supplied in every vehicle. Vintage Wishes will not be held responsible for external vehicle appearance (including bows, ribbons & signs) due to adverse weather conditions on transit to, during & from your event.
17. Vintage Wishes reserve the right to cancel a booking. In this unlikely event a full refund will be given.
18. Our drivers reserve the right to refuse access to any of our vehicles or ask passengers to leave the vehicles if they feel threatened by abusive behaviour by any passenger or feel the passenger is unfit to travel due to the (over) influence of drugs or alcohol.
19. No drinks or food are allowed in any of our vehicles other than that supplied by Vintage Wishes.